Our research group had two papers at EuroVis 2017 on June 12 to 16 in Barcelona, Spain. While I didn’t make it to Spain myself this year (boo!), I sent my student Karthik Badam to present in my stead. Of course, the inimitable Jean-Daniel Fekete was there as well, collaborator on our progressive visualization work where we investigate ways to steer and control a continuously updating visual analytics system:

Sriram Karthik Badam, Niklas Elmqvist, Jean-Daniel Fekete (2017): Steering the Craft: UI Elements and Visualizations for Supporting Progressive Visual Analytics. In: Computer Graphics Forum, 36 2017.

In addition, my postdoc Senthil Chandrasegaran presented work on the use of visual analytics for supporting grounded theory in human-computer interaction evaluation:

Senthil Chandrasegaran, Sriram Karthik Badam, Lorraine Kisselburgh, Karthik Ramani (2017): Integrating Visual Analytics Support for Grounded Theory Practice in Qualitative Text Analysis. In: Computer Graphics Forum, 36 2017.

I’d have loved to visit Barcelona, but alas, it was not to be. Next year’s EuroVis will take place in the Czech Republic. Let’s hope I’ll make it!